Topic: Last.fm Plus Genre and extended tags plugin for Picard 0.15+
This plugin expands upon the default lastfm plugin to provide many new options when tagging your files.
It attempts to get one or more Major genre or Grouping tag, One or more Genre, Mood, Occasion and Category tags
It allows getting a Country and or City tag, A Decade tag and an 'Original' Year tag.
Tags can be retrieved for the Artist only, Track only or a combination of Track and Artist tags.
All tags can be customised in lists defined in the options, many default values are provided
Terms can be translated into other terms for similar genres etc. Only terms defined are used, meaning no unwanted tag values
Install and Download:
Use the plugin from this link, http://www.mediafire.com/?qlso9gc8c75aq5a (plugin version 0.13)
Use this page as a guide to how the plugin works http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Picard_Docu … Lastfmplus
I have tested and updated the plugin for 0.15, and migrated RifRaf's original documentation to the MBz wiki.
Thanks to bitmap for the initial 0.15 fix; RifRaf and Partner for the original last.fm Plus plugin (both disappeared into the realms of the internet) and Luks for the original last.fm plugin this all came from :)
Changes in lastfmplus-0.13
- Caching is now compatible with 0.15 webservice requests manager - avoids re-requesting the same URL (especially for artist tags)
- code that was accessing/updating album._new_tracks removed
- Request delay reduced to 200ms, in accordance with http://www.last.fm/api/tos so should be ~5x faster now.
- Default "year" filter list updated
- Remove redundant "split artists" code
- Fix/remove the original year/original date logic. The plugin still makes strange changes to the MB-sourced metadata (it should not), and directly adjusts ID3-specific tags rather than using Picard's support
- Needs massive cleanup to be more maintainable :(
- Fix/review/apply some of the fixes noted from the old thread
Please let me know any feedback/bugs/issues. I'll try and fix 'em.
Original thread by RifRaf, and plugin history: http://forums.musicbrainz.org/viewtopic.php?id=1795