Topic: New musicbrainz-friendly ripper for Linux: beta testers wanted
I've written a CD ripper which I think might be interesting to other musicbrainz users. Main features:
- uses musicbrainz search to retrieve metadata, rather than FreeDB/CDDB
- easy submission of un-recognised discs to musicbrainz
- tags tracks with musicbrainz track id etc, making it very simple to complete tagging in Picard (no search required)
- reliable ripping: does two rips & compares them at block level (like RubyRipper) to ensure the best rip possible
- currently rips to flac and mp3 formats
- currently running under Ubuntu (Linux)
- GUI interface
I plan to make this available as freeware and would like to recruit a small number of beta testers before I make it more widely available.
If you are interested, please reply here and let me know what Linux distro you run.