Topic: need assist with few things
hello. first of all, i want to thank you for this amazing program called MusicBrainz Picard!
i decided to correct the tags in my music collection, mostly missing track number, genre and year fields. i have few basic questions. didn't find the settings for them and i think some of the settings are required to be in the options.
1. is there any way i could disable (or even better, to toggle) the album view on the right side? i have many full albums, but also single mp3 files. now, when i search for the tag online, it displays the whole album with all songs on it, eventhough i have only one song (marked with green rectangle). i don't want the songs grouped by any pattern.
2. how can i reorder, add or remove the main fields on the both sides? now there are "title/length/artist" on each side, plus the track number when you expand the album. for example, i would like to have it something like "artist/title/album/track number/year/genre". hope you understand what i mean.
3. why i can't remove "length" field from tags at the bottom?
4. is there any way i could set the release date pattern for all files to have the classic 4 digit format? (tag field "date" in "new value" at the bottom right) i mean, when comparing with the database, my year "2007" is incorrect because the database one is "2007-11-13"
5. (not so important) any way i could remove some fiels permanently, so they won't appear when adding a new track? i mean the field tags at the bottom
would this be possible without scripting? because i only want to compare the tags with the internet sources, not automatically tag them. (and change some layout)
many thanks for your responses, anything will be appreciated.